Thursday, May 30, 2013

Vacation, Had to Get Away!

Okay, I have been away for a long time again.  I have a great excuse, though, I'm on vacation in Florida so that I could introduce my mother to her newest grandbaby.  She had no idea we were on our way out here, but her boyfriend knew.  He had been helping me plan for a couple months.  We got here on May 7th and we are here until June 4th. 

We were supposed to leave on the 25th of May, but due to it being Memorial Day weekend, we weren't able to get on a flight.  It was oversold...but that didn't stop Southwest from sending our luggage home without us.  So my husband, two babies and I had nothing.  My husband already flew back without us because he is in the military and they tend to frown on you not coming home (you know, AWOL and what not).

So my mom is letting us stay with her until we can get a flight out of here.  I didn't mention yet that our flights are free, so that's why they were able to bump us.  They put actual paying customers on the flight.  The only reason I was angry about anything was because they weren't willing to pull our stuff back off the flight.  We have since bought new things, so we're alright now.

Ophelia is already smiling and cooing.  She will be two months old on the 11th of June, a week after we get back to California.

So, since I've been here, I've been to Busch Gardens with my family, eaten like a pig (it seems that all anyone wants to do is eat out), and taught my sister how to cross stitch.  I bet my mom never thought that would be a hobby she'd be passing to her daughters lol.  Since I'm teaching my sister to stitch, I'm stitching a Piplup.  He'll probably be done either tomorrow or the next day.  So, I will probably be a while before I update again because of being busy with my little ones, but I didn't forget about my blog, I promise!

Here's Piplup:
 
 
I'm working from a sprite stitch pattern.  I am using 22-count white aida and I think a 3 inch hoop, but I don't know...it's whatever my mom has on hand. That's all for today, happy stitching, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment