Saturday, April 2, 2016

Finished the Bold Blues!

I finished my Bold Blues blanket!  It's a lapghan, so it's only about up to my waist at it's tallest point.  Sorry, my measuring tape is still packed in a box somewhere.


Before sewing.





All finished!  Don't mind my toes...


All in all a pretty fun project.  I would say though that I'm terrible at sewing, so maybe next time I'll just zipper join everything.  It'll lay flat and I won't have to sew...which I have no faith in my blanket holding up.

I am working on a pattern right now for a coffee sleeve.  You know, those paper things that you put around your coffee at a Starbucks?  Yeah, it's one of those.  Here's what I have so far, it's really a "rough draft" because I've never written a pattern before, so I'm just going to share a picture for now.


This is a Sailor Neptune coffee cozy.  I worked it in continuous rounds rather than slip stitching and it's very apparent, so...I guess I won't be doing that next time?  The continuous rounds makes it look really sloppy in my opinion.  I will probably go up a hook size or add a couple stitches around because it was a little bit too snug.  Definitely going to try again soon, but I am working on something else right now.

Finally, I have to share because I took this picture on Easter and it makes me laugh every time I see it because my dog has the cutest face!


She's the sweetest, kindest, loving dog I've ever known.  Her name is Mia and she is a fully rehabilitated dog now.  Took long enough, but she is so worth it.

Anyway, enough gushing about my Mia Dumb Face.  Happy stitching, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment