Thursday, August 11, 2016

Yes.fit and a little star

25.3 miles.

I joined the website yes.fit and I'm so glad I did.  I am one of those people that needs a lot of motivation as I've said before and today I got my first medal!


Sorry it's a teensy bit blurry.  I couldn't get my phone to focus on it to save my life.  If you can't read it, it says, "Sleepy Hollow 25.3 Miles."  This took me 5 days to complete while walking my dog.  I am joining another one of these races tomorrow.  The new one is 69.1 miles, so it should hopefully take me a while longer to finish.

A bit about the site.  I am not sure if they all are the same price or not, but the one I entered (and so far all the ones I'm interested in) was $25 to enter.  That covers the medal, the tracking, and the shipping and handling.  As you go through the race, there are "stops" along the way that are informational.  An example would be the Sleepy Hollow cemetery I hit at a certain mile marker.  The website sent me a page of information about it and it was really interesting to learn things about Sleepy Hollow's history and what it's like today.

My next one is Woodstock themed!  I hope to update y'all with that eventually, too!

Mmkay, on to something else.

I AM BURSTING WITH EXCITEMENT Y'ALL!!!  One of my best friends is having her first baby and as soon as I heard I started plotting baby blankets.  She's getting a star shaped green, yellow, and white one.  Of course I'm already about a quarter of the way through.  I want to show a picture, but I don't want anyone to see it until she does!

Hopefully I can go home for the baby shower.  I would love to be there, but unless money allows for it, then I can't.  Such is life.

Off to keep working on the little star <3  Happy stitching, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment