Monday, August 12, 2013

Poop-poop-ee-doop

Okay, so get this (you know a story's good when it starts like that!)...

You know how there are things that you just, you'll just NEVER forget?  I experienced that yesterday.  I went to let my dogs out at 9 in the morning.

I have a German Shepherd and a Pug.  I love them both very much and I know they love me.  Every morning as soon as I wake up, I'm greeted by two dogs excited for the day and just happy I'm awake, or happy for food, I like to think they're excited about me.  I make them sit at the door and wait for me to get to the stairs, then I wave them through.  Every morning, the same thing.  I wait until they're at the bottom of the stairs and then I go down the stairs as well.  My Pug running to meet me at the top of the stairs, then down the stairs, then meeting me where I'm at again, then down the stairs, then meeting me again, then down the stairs, until I'm finally all the way at the bottom.

I grab my Shepherd's tie out and attach it to her, then I attach my Pug's.  I make them sit down and then I open the back door.  I am hit with a smell...not just any smell.  A smell so foul it actually made me gag.  I turned to look outside and there it is, on my fence.  A thick, brown, vertical smear with a pile on the ground.  The coup de grace?  A sock.  A sock bunched up and with a matching brown stain.  I wave my dogs outside so that they can do their business while I try to rationalize what I've just discovered.

My neighbor used my fence to prop himself up while he took a dump on the ground, then wiped with a sock and LEFT IT THERE.  This is the caliber of people I deal with while living on a military installation.  Apparently there's trash everywhere you go.

I really expected better from the military and I really hope it only gets better from here.  I just got off the phone with the military housing office here because I will be damned if it falls on ME to clean it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment