Friday, August 9, 2013

I Just Blue Myself! There's Gotta Be a Better Way to Say That...

I wanted to dye my hair.  So I decided to take my two year old with me to pick the color out.  I was looking at blonde or a natural red.  My son comes over to me with blue and says, "Mommy, this."  I haven't had an unnatural color since I was a teenager, so I figured, why not?  I dyed my hair and when I came out of the bathroom, my son screamed in excitement and started running around me saying, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!"

I guess my blue hair makes him happy?  I went to go buy a couple more boxes so that I can keep up on it...and my son brings me purple and says, "Mommy, this."  So I have some purple on standby for whenever the blue washes out some more.

My son and daughter are my world...I can't wait for the days when I'm dying THEIR hair weird colors (if they take after me, that is).

SEGUE

I've been going through my pantry and getting rid of dry goods that are expired or getting ready to expire.  Our power went out for over 24 hours a couple weeks ago and I had to throw out all the food in my fridge and freezer, so I guess it got me inspired to clean up my pantry as well.  I found 4 boxes of white cake mix that are all going to expire in the next month.  Who needs 4 boxes of cake mix?  I guess I did.  I used one up this afternoon to make a dumpcake.  Yeah, I know you are supposed to use yellow, but white mix is just fine, too.

I found a bunch of jello that's going to go bad in a couple months as well, so whenever the dump cake is gone, I'm making "poke cake."  I am making fruit punch and lime poke cake.   SO MUCH BAKING UNDERWAY...I'm gonna be fat!

It's okay, though.  I've worked my butt off (literally!) and lost 60 pounds, so a little bit of cake is just fine :)

I haven't been stitching Bambi lately.  I made a couple magnets for my fridge.  I made Kickle Cubicle, a Shyguy, a Snifit, and Bub & Bob.  I need more canvas though.  MUST MAKE MORE MAGNETS!  Lol  Anyway, I'm off, just a random post to assure I'm still alive ;)  Happy stitching, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment