Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Quit Complaining!

I'm going to complain here for a minute.  It's been a helluva week.  Side note, I did not know that "helluva" was actually a word until just now.  You learn something new every day!

So at the beginning of the week, my daughter was just getting over the hump of her cold.  She got the whole family sick, but everyone was only sick for a day or two (Ophelia and I with the worst of it), she was sick for a little while longer.  We were finally all feeling better, so I figured it was safe to go to my friend's house where she was having a little get together for all the babies to have a play date/pool party.

My kids were fine the whole time.  The next day however, my son and daughter started up with being sick again.  So who knows if my kids got some other kids sick because they apparently weren't over it yet.  Anyway, my kids are sick and then my husband gets a stomach bug.  Which he then proceeds to pass to every one of us in the house.  Now...we have ONE bathroom in my house.  Having three people in the house needing to use the toilet all the time makes for a very uncomfortable living situation.  Luckily we can just put my toddler in diapers, but that still leaves my husband and I fighting for the throne.

So we get over that as it's a roughly 24-72 hour bug.  I start to finally feel better and then my son throws up on the rug.  I cleaned it up, then I shampooed the carpet where he threw up so as not to re-infect anyone else with the stomach bug.  That happened yesterday.  So I had a mini freakout because I think being exhausted and dealing with the rest of the family being sick was getting to me.

Last night after everyone but my daughter has finally gotten over their sicknesses (save for my daughter and her damn cold: round 3), my fat butt decides that I need to trip over the vacuum head that I forgot to put away.  So now I have a really, really sprained ankle.

Today, my daughter has been all snot and coughing.  UGH I need a break.

Alright...it's been a couple days, so here's a random WIP of Jak


I haven't made it super far, but that's what I've got.  Time for me to go to bed.  My daughter's cold has had me so worried that I didn't sleep much because I kept checking to make sure she's still breathing.  I hate being a worry wart.  

Happy (albeit sickly) stitching, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment