Friday, March 18, 2016

Don't care, don't care, don't care.

So many political posts on Facebook!  I get it, it's an election year and I get that people are flexing their right to an opinion, but my goodness!  Enough is enough!  I have seen a meme that very much shows exactly how I feel right now:


Excuse the grammar on the meme as I didn't make it, I just saw it.  Anyway, I'm just kind of ranting right now because I have friends who keep trying to drag me into political discussions and then belittle me when I want nothing to do with it.  I don't post anything regarding my political views because I like not having conflict, but it seems that somehow I'm being labeled as "ignorant" for not wanting to engage.

I don't get it.  If I did engage, then I would be ignorant as well.  Politics really bring out the worst in people.

Sorry, I'm kind of venting and a little frustrated that my friends seem to think we can only be friends if we're discussing politics.  When I politely decline by saying, "No thank you, I would like to keep my views to myself," (literally what I say every time I'm asked, even if I agree with them) I get berated or "Oh, you must be a such and such supporter."  Never fails.

So, since I know a lot of people seem to have this same issue as me, here's something cool.  Check this out!  

Thanks for listening to my vent that was really just a bunch of frustration and nonsense...

No comments:

Post a Comment