Thursday, October 22, 2015

LCHF

I started a new diet because of a new diagnosis (Crohn's).  Well...an old diagnosis that they changed and then said, "Oh no, we were wrong, it really is the first thing."  So I am now working with a nutritionist and eating LCHF which stands for Low Carb, High Fat.  It's working well for me as I haven't had a flare up since I started eating this way.  I think the best part of it is that I am losing weight pretty steadily without even trying.  The doctor said that I have a gluten intolerance NOT the same as celiac's disease.  Mine is more of a...you have an ulcer and the wheat and gluten are going to agitate it which is why the nutritionist suggested this.

So I have cut carbs down, but not eliminated them completely.  What can I say?  All the best foods have carbs!

AAAAAAnyway...

I have a GEISHA WIP!!!  I haven't had one of those in a while!  I'm going to be working on her tonight, too.  Hopefully I can get some serious progress on her over the next few nights.


I'm actually a lot further now than I was in the picture.  I have a lot more purple done.

I'm so close to having my swap gift finished!  I'm roughly 25 rows away from being done and then I can finally send it off!  I don't know if I mentioned the small bit of sticker shock I got from the post office.  So I have to wait until pay day to send it off.  Ah well, I hope she loves it!

Mmkay, off to put the minions to bed, then let the dogs out, then feed the cat, then...finish the chores that my kids don't let me do during the day lol  Happy stitching, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment