Monday, October 5, 2015

Baby powder bomb.

My daughter.  Oh, my daughter.  I love her so much, but today I could have choked her.

How's your day going?  Mine's going like this:


That, my friends, is my daughter standing in the midst of her mess that was made with a Sam's Club sized bottle of baby powder.  That's my bedroom.  She was left alone for FIVE MINUTES.

I'm not sure of the order in which she did things, but she pulled half my books off my bookshelf, opened the diaper box and pulled them all out, opened the wipes box and pulled them all out, and then decided to redecorate.  The shirt she's wearing is dark blue.

Five minutes.  I was in the kitchen cutting up vegetables and I realized she was quiet.  I went to check on her, but realized she wasn't in the playroom anymore.  I heard banging and knew she was in my room.  I opened the door to that baby powder bomb.

She looks at me and says, "Oh no!  What happened?!"  With her hands over her mouth like she can't believe what she's seeing.  Like the baby powder did it all on it's own and she was just an innocent bystander.

Her reaction to getting caught was so funny that I wasn't even mad.  I had to do that parent thing where you're trying to let them know they did something wrong, but you have to turn your head because you're trying so hard not to laugh.

Luckily it was an easy clean up because I have a door to the balcony in my room, so I just took all the stuff outside and beat all the powder off before putting everything in the washer.

I fear that my room will forever smell of baby powder...

No comments:

Post a Comment