Saturday, July 23, 2016

Desert Star and Geisha WIP

I have a Geisha WIP for you!



The left picture is where I was at before and the right picture is where I'm currently at as of...oh...two minutes ago.

Next up is the Desert Star afghan I've been working on.  I finished the pink section a lot quicker than I did the grey, so here's where I'm at with that!



No more pink for the rest of the blanket.  Now I'm working on the variegated color again.  I was afraid these colors wouldn't really work together, but I'm really liking this blanket so far.  Apparently my daughter is liking this blanket as well because as with all my other blankets I've ever made EVER, she has stolen this one.

Okay, on to something kind of personal.  I signed up for a website called Yes.fit.  I've never actually signed up for anything like this before.  It's a website where you run "virtual races" and you get medals for completing them.

It seems to me that the entry fee for each race is $25-30.  I assume that's for the cost of the medal plus shipping.  A little gimmicky, I know, but for me I look at it like it's a tangible thing I can feel and look at that shows that I walked or ran that far.  I am someone who very much lacks motivation, but I feel like having something there that shows "Hey, I did it and here's the proof!" I will be more likely to keep going.  

Random, I know!  My dog is seriously benefiting from these walks though.  We went five miles tonight alone.  He ran through the grass that we walked by as if he'd never seen grass before.  That happy dog smile was definitely a mood booster.

Off to play some Demon's Souls.  Yeah, yeah, old video game, I know.  I'm looking to get a Siegward tattoo (Dark Souls 3) but I didn't want to get it until I've played all the games in the series (I've played Dark Souls 2&3)...even if they're not totally correlated.  I have never played Demon's Souls until now, so I'm really behind!

Happy Stitching, everyone!  Praise the Sun!!! (Dark Souls, sorry, couldn't resist)

No comments:

Post a Comment