Saturday, August 11, 2012

Something I just have to put out there.

Okay, let me start by saying that I DO believe in God.  Here's the problem I have though:

I don't care what you believe, but don't try to push it on me.

Christian?  Great.  I don't want it pushed on me.

Catholic?  Great.  Another denomination of Christianity.  I don't want you pushing it on me.

Muslim?  Great.  We have the same God with different rules.  I don't want your views pushed on me (though I've never personally encountered a pushy Muslim).

Agnostic?  Great.  You don't know if there is a God or not.  You guys I really haven't ever had a problem with.

Atheist?  Great.  You don't believe in God.  I don't want you pushing it on me.

There are PLENTY of other religions, I do live in the melting pot.  I just have such a problem with people pushing things on me and judging me because I said, "I believe in God."  I had a run in with a very bitter atheist today and I think that's why I'm feeling a little miffed.  She called me stupid for believing in a, "...flying spaghetti monster."  Instead of actually providing an argument for her views she resorted to name calling and insults.

I have NO problem with atheists.  I have NO problem with theists.  I have a problem with the judgement that seems to come from both sides.  I find overbearing Christians and overbearing Atheists on the same level of annoying.

Off topic:

I should have a TUSAL tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment