Saturday, December 1, 2012

Been gone for a while

Not like anyone reads this anyway lol

Anyway, I have set aside my Sailor Chibi Moon cross stitching so that I may get my ornaments out of the way.  I'm making a stocking ornament with an Xbox controller top.  I got the idea from Think Geek's 8-bit controller stocking that they are selling, but I tweaked it a bit to make an ornament for my little brother.  I ordered him an Airzooka for Christmas and figured I'd give him the ornament too.  My sister is getting a brain candle.  She loves candles and she is going to school for neuroscience, so I figured why not?

My mother is getting a Walmart gift card because every time I ask her what she wants, she tells me, "Nothing, don't worry about it."  So I figured since she is always there, why not that?  That and she's next to IMPOSSIBLE to shop for.  My mother's boyfriend is getting a Texas Roadhouse gift card because that's where he and his son always go when he gets visitation, so I figured that would be good for the both of them.  My father and brother are splitting a gift card to Cabella's because we're giving them a little bit higher an amount and we're doing what we could afford for them.

My MIL is getting a camera lens coffee mug because she's a photographer and as soon as I saw it, I immediately thought of her and my husband said it is an awesome idea and that she'll really like it.  My FIL is getting a Sears card so that he can buy tools because I have NO idea what I'm looking for lol.  My SIL is getting a Walmart card because she loves gift cards.  Like...she LOVES them.  So why not?

My husband is getting...I have no idea yet.  I have the money set aside and I know what he wants, but I haven't been able to find it for a decent price and I'm sorry but $100 for a video game is WAY too much.  My son is getting three coloring books, some matchbox cars, and some candy from Santa.  He's getting a toddler flip couch from my husband and I and he's getting a toddler basketball hoop from his grandparents (husband's side).  No word on what he's getting from my side of the family except from my dad (he's giving him $500 for his savings account).

OKAY...now that I've talked about everyone's Christmas gifts that no one cares about, ON to what I've been doing that has made me go on hiatus again!

I have been cooking.  A lot.  I've been experimenting with recipes and I've been making and trying things I've never had before.  Can you believe I had a turnip for the first time this week?  I'm 24 years old and have never even SEEN a turnip let alone eaten one.  I only ate it because they were in a pasty recipe that I found.  If you've never had a pasty, I advise you to try them, the recipe I used is here:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Upper-Peninsula-Pasties

I used to eat them when I was little, but I had it with rutabaga.  Unfortunately, I had to substitute that with turnip because my commissary doesn't carry rutabaga.  Hmm...what else?  Oh yes, I've been making a lot of sweets.  Again, a lot.  The sweets I've only been making because it's close to the holiday season.  So I've got this battery of fudges, cookies, and cakes that I've been making one right after the other.  My husband thinks I'm trying to fatten him up, but that's just not the case...I just like sweets.

Big news (which should have been the first thing I talked about), we finally found out what we're having!  I'm having a little girl and we've decided on the name Ophelia Marie.  I wanted a boy and everyone kept saying, "What are you going to do if it's a girl?"  I used to tell people I was going to give her back if she couldn't grow a wiener lol.  Duh, she's my child!  I'm going to love her no matter how she cooks in there!  I really just care that she's healthy!

Okay, enough, I am going to go finish cooking my peanut butter fudge :)  Happy holidays (and if I may be so bold, Merry Christmas) to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment