Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to anyone who reads this!  And happy holidays to everyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas!  I hope your year has been merry as it's soon coming to a close!  Welcome, 2013!

Phew, okay, that's done.

So...my son had a great Christmas.  We Skyped with the family back home so they could see him opening Christmas gifts and basically have it like we were all together even though it was over the internet.  I only have one complaint about the day:  My father-in-law gave us the silent treatment.  Not uncommon, but he's a self proclaimed God fearing Christian and gave his family the silent treatment on Christmas...so...there's that.

I think it irritates me more than it does anyone else because I don't understand the pettiness of it.  I don't care if he doesn't talk to me.  I don't care if he doesn't talk to my husband.  What I care about is the fact that he gave a ONE year old the silent treatment.  Never once said, "Hi."  Never even acknowledged his grandson.  I don't get it.  So because this is a common thing that happens, I figure that I'm done trying to go out of my way to talk to this man.  I even went so far as to delete him from Facebook and I made it so he can't see any of my posts from now on.  If he wants to be a part of my son's life, then he can stop being petty.  I'm not putting up with it anymore.

Anyway, my mom worked today, so we Skyped last night and my son opened her gifts then so that she could see.  He got a Furby and a LOT of clothing from her.  He loves his Furby...Mommy and Daddy not so much.

This morning we Skyped with the rest of the family and my son got from Hubby and me a Batman flip couch.  From MIL he got a toddler basketball hoop, the one that is adjustable height-wise so it grows with the child.  From my ex-stepfather, he got a t-shirt from when they vacationed in Montana and a pack of "soap crayons" so he can color in the bathtub (pretty cool, I didn't know things like that existed).  From my father, he got $500 for his savings account.  From Santa, he got The Grinch (the Jim Carrey one) on blue ray, The Brave Little Toaster, 3 coloring books, a brand new pack of Crayolas, a 5-pack of Hotwheels cars, and a stocking full of candy.  The thing he plays with most?  The bows from the presents!

My son got like a hundred books for Christmas, too, but they weren't really from anyone, they were from the Dolly Parton imagination Library.  They weren't wrapped, they were just kind of given to him.    We had story time and then he took the book from me and attempted to read it to me, which really just consisted of him pointing and talking in his baby language that I don't quite understand, but it was cute anyway.  Okay...bedtime now.  I was supposed to clean the house before bed, but I don't have the energy because I was on my feet all day cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment