Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pressure. Lots of pressure.

Well, no new stitching today.  I have stitched, but not enough to merit a WIP.  I wouldn't want to waste precious internet space with my not very far TUSAL.

So on the first was payday!  I actually had the discipline to walk right by Hobby Lobby without stopping to spend any money!  Yay me!

We made a day of going to the mall and while we were walking around I saw a nail salon and asked my husband if I could get my nails and toes done.  I haven't done it in over a year and I figured I won't be able to do it again for about the same amount of time because I don't know how much longer this little one is going to stick around before making her grand entrance into the world.  I sat down to get my fingernails done and I could see my son and husband walking around the mall.  My nails were done and they moved me to a pedicure chair with the back massager.  I was about halfway through my pedicure when I noticed my husband walk into Kay Jewelers.

I kind of watched to see if he came out, but he didn't.  My pedicure lasted about 40 more minutes after I saw him walk in and I hadn't been paying attention for THAT long, so I didn't know if he was still in there or not.  I paid and tipped the manicurist and pedicurist and then I walked on over to the jewelry store.  There he was, sitting down at the engagement ring section talking with a manager.

Now, my wedding set is beautiful.  I love my wedding set.  The problem is, I'm allergic to gold (actually it's the nickel in the gold).  My wedding set is white gold.  So I can wear it for a few days, but then I have to take it off for about a month because it burns a ring on my finger.  It's very painful and sometimes, depending on how bad it is, very embarrassing.  My wedding set is one of these ones (looks almost exactly like it):

It's got a plain wedding band with it that's about the same width.

Anyway, my husband tells me, "Go away," hands me a credit card and tells me to go somewhere else.  So I went and got my hair trimmed and layered.  That took about 15 minutes, which I figured was enough time to wander back to the jewelry store.  My husband is still sitting there talking to the lady at Kay.  He pulls a chair out at the counter and says that I need to talk to her.  So the woman hands me two princess cut solitaires and says, "Which one do you prefer, your husband doesn't know."  Oh, my.

So I look at both of them and I picked the one that I liked and she shows it to my husband and then tells him a bunch of stuff about payments, runs his credit, etc.  Now I have a beautiful platinum, 1 carat, princess cut solitaire engagement ring that will be here by the end of the month.  I wasn't...I wasn't expecting it.  I always rag on my husband, but he knows I love him.  I was so blown away by it, I can't believe it.

Anyway, on to the title.  My little one has made it almost impossible for me to sleep because of how much pressure she puts on my hips.  I know it's early (I've about 5 weeks to go) but I am so ready to be done with this pregnancy.  I want to sleep on my belly again.  I want to crack my back.  I want CAFFEINE.  I want real sugar and not Splenda.  Lots of pressure on my body from this little one.  I suppose I have no right to complain, I've had a very easy, low risk pregnancy.  I'm excited to get back into my weight loss regimen.  Pair that with breastfeeding and the weight should come right off lol

Alright, I guess I'm going to go stitch for a bit before I have to cook dinner (after I let my pacing dogs out first).  Happy stitching, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment