Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Waiting Game

It's funny to me as I watch my newsfeed on Facebook, it seems that everyone is having babies.  I have 5 "due date buddies" which means they're all due around the same time as I am and they are all due a day to a week after me.  The problem is, I'm the only one left.  All 5 of them had their babies already.  I'm the last one to pop.  I guess my little girl knows what she's doing, but darn it I want to meet her!  I get this twinge of jealousy every time I see, "It's time!" on my feed.  I smile, grit my teeth, and say, "Congratulations," but in my head I'm saying, "Why not me?"

I know, I know, I'm only 38 weeks, so at least 2 more weeks until my due date, and if she so pleases, at least 2 more weeks after that.  The doctor didn't think I was going to make it to my last appointment, but lo and behold, there I was at 11:30 just like I always am.  He was surprised to see me.  He sent me on my way after my appointment, again with the notion that he doesn't think I'm going to make it to my next appointment again.  I have 6 days until then, based on how I feel, I'll be there at 11:30 just like I always am.

Don't get me wrong, I want her to stay in as long as possible to make sure she's healthy, but I'm so envious that everyone else has met their little ones already.  She knows I'm talking about her...she's punching me right now.

I know no one really reads this very often, but I will probably be updating with pictures whenever she's born.  I put my stitching in my hospital bag, so I haven't stitched for a while and I won't until I end up in the hospital.  I would rather not go through the hassle of taking it out and possibly forgetting it and having nothing to do in the hospital while she's sleeping and I'm not...television is so boring when there's nothing to do with your hands.

Well, just a vent I suppose, today.  I am getting too anxious I think :)  Can you blame me?  I was ready to meet the kid as soon as I found out I was pregnant!  Soon I'll have two minions to do my bidding haha!  My son knows something is up, he's been extra lovey lately as have my two dogs.  My one dog is even at a point where no matter where I'm at in the house, she has to know where I am at all times.  I could be sitting on the couch and get up to grab something off the coffee table and she'll jerk out of a dead sleep just to check on me.  That's what I get for being mommy, right?  My pug could care less, though.  As long as I feed him and pet him, he doesn't give a crap what's going on lol

Well, this was a little all over the place toward the end, wasn't it?  I'm going to rest a bit, the Braxton Hicks are making me light headed (I'm a tad dehydrated).  Happy stitching, everyone.  Who knows, maybe my next post will be my labor story (no one wants to read that!).

No comments:

Post a Comment