Friday, March 15, 2013

Watching Weeds and Making Patterns

Well, I set Bambi aside for a little while because I am saving it for when I'm in the hospital.  I don't sleep well and I remember being very bored with only the TV in my room and a sleeping baby.  Don't get me wrong, endless time was spent staring at my son wondering where the heck he came from and wondering how I was deserving enough to get such a sweet looking minion :)  But there came a time when I would ache and had to go sit down.  With my son sleeping, my only company was a 19 inch television with basic cable.

Did you know that TV now seems to be very boring?  I've been without cable for around 18 months and strictly been a Netflix user, but my friend has cable and we always watch something on her TV.  Nothing really catches my attention anymore.  Based on that, I wouldn't change it for the world.  Not that it matters, but I have spent many a day with my son watching Blue's Clues and I enjoy children's television.  I wonder what that says about my maturity...

I have been watching Weeds lately because they just added new episodes on Netflix and all day I'm singing, "Little boxes on the hillside..." because it's by far the catchiest theme song for any show.  I love the song.  Absolutely adore it, and any time it comes on, my son comes running from whatever room he's in just to hear it.  I assume it means he loves it too...

Speaking of my son (who seems to be a common theme of this post), he has really taken an interest in my stitching lately.  He has to sit in my lap whenever I'm stitching, which makes it really hard to do.  I'm creating a few sprite patterns to make into magnets for him.  I am thinking a cute little Legend of Zelda magnetic sprite play set would be cool.  I think I could do it.  I'm making some LoZ magnets just for me though.

His big pattern that I'm working on is the title screen from Pokemon Yellow.  I think it would look cute with a gameboy picture frame.  Also something I think I can make.  I've spent many an hour playing my classic gameboy, so I could probably do it from memory.  I won't, but I think I could.

Okay, I'm done rambling.  Happy stitching, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment