Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Random Vent

If it isn't one thing, it's another.  Seriously.  So recently I have been having an issue with my computer (yes, the one I'm currently typing this on).  It was beginning to run really slow, but I just chalked it up to the computer being old.  Then I realized this computer is barely 2 years old.  Ancient by computer standards, but not old enough to be dying like it is.

So like I said, it's been running really slow, then one night I get a "kernel panic" or whatever it's called.  Okay, so I figured that was no good.  I shut the computer down and decided I'd deal with it in the morning.

Morning comes and I start up my computer.  It starts up like nothing is wrong, but then it happens.  The Mac equivalent to the blue screen of death.  NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  (in my best Darth Vader voice)  So I tinker with it, thinking that it might have just been a fluke, or something.  Because I'm dumb, you know?  So I shut it down, wait the obligatory 15 seconds, and then turn it back on.

Blue screen of death.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!  Thank God all my stuff is backed up on an external hard drive.  So I disabled my OS, reinstalled it, and POOF!  It works again.  Yay for me!

But then.........

Now my track pad is going.  Well...went.  My track pad decided that the following morning was a perfect time to start sticking, which indicates a battery malfunction.  Giving up on the hardware part (because I only know software), I decided to take it in.  Just for the new track pad, because it was cracked from the battery swelling, is 95 dollars.  Plus labor.  That does NOT include the new battery, the new power button it needs, etc, etc, etc...

I guess I'm buying a USB mouse and then come tax season I'll buy a PC.  I have never owned a Mac before this, and since having it I have had nothing but problems with it constantly crashing, deleting things on its own, and randomly taking pictures and videos while it's not even in use.  I will not be owning a Mac ever again I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment