Saturday, April 25, 2015

My first amigurumi

I had never made any amigurumi before.  Amigurumi is a crochet stuffed animal (or character).  I figured I'd go simple and make a ball, this is what I made:


It's a soot sprite!  I got this pattern from Etsy.  It was kind of hard at first, but once I started getting the feel for the fuzzy yarn, it went along quite smoothly.  I will say this, though:  I will probably never be making anything with that fuzzy stuff again.  It was soooo hard to keep it from tangling or getting too tight compared to the worsted weight yarn.

I have been working on my Geisha, but I haven't taken a picture of her.  I don't know why, I just haven't.  I've been frazzled lately for some reason, so hopefully I can get a picture of her up soon.

I have to pack my little sprite into a box with some little star candies and send him off to my sister.  Happy stitching, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment