Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Busy!

An update on my bad back.  I'm still in a lot of pain, but I got in to see the doctor this morning.  I'm on a couple muscle relaxers and some anti-inflammatory medications.  The best news, though, is that I finally got a doctor who listens to me and she recommended an MRI.  So I get to go do that soon!

I have been pretty bedridden for a little while, so I've been doing a lot of crocheting because cross stitch is hard to do when you're stuck on your back.  That being said, I made a few things.  First up is the sweater I knocked out in literally two days:

The front!



The back!


Don't mind the messiness of my outfit, I was in my pajamas getting ready for bed (and in quite a lot of pain, might I add!).  I got the pattern from HERE and I used I Love This Yarn "Surprise Stripes" which is a worsted weight yarn.  I didn't make mine as big as the pattern shows because I'm rather short (five feet) and didn't want to ruin it by dragging it on the floor.  I figured the back of my knees was a perfect length for my shortness.

Okay, I also have some Sophie updates.  Here's where I'm at on them!

Page 15 finish.



Page 16 finish (not much different, really).


Sophie number 2 page 7 finish

Then, after all this, I joined a mystery crochet along.  I think the squares in this CAL are for a pillow, but I really want to make an afghan because the colors I picked work so well together that a pillow just isn't enough for me!  Here are the first three squares of that (I'll probably work up the fourth tonight).

Weeks 1-3

I started the CAL yesterday, but it's been going on for four weeks already.  So I'll be caught up sometime today.

All that lying around got me some serious crafting.  I'm going to go lie down for a bit because I'm in pain, but I thought I would update since I just got back from the doctor.  Happy stitching, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment