Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Threw out my back again

Yes, it's true.  I threw out my back again.  This one was as bad as the one that put me in the hospital a few months ago, but since they didn't do anything for me last time I went, I stayed home.  I'm in a LOT of pain.  I can't walk without random twinges of excruciating pain and if I'm sitting down and try to relax the muscles in my back, I get a crushing pain in my spine.  But, you know, the doctor thinks I'm looking for narcotics, so they basically tell me to suck it up and go home.

I can't bend down to pick anything up, so my poor son has been helping me do practically everything (to include helping me get dressed).  My house is filthy because I can't reach to pick anything up.  I can't do dishes because I can't stand long enough to get them done.  Of course I threw out my back when my husband is away for two weeks for work.

My poor kids are going to be eating microwave meals I can't bend down to put something in the oven (not without burning myself on something!) and I can't stand long enough to cook stove top.

There's a silver lining, though.  I have all the time in the world to work on my crafty things!  I can't lay out any to take pictures right now, but I will when I feel better!

Anyway, this was just an update as to where I've been for a few days.  Happy stitching, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment