Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Money Woes

So, here's the thing, my husband and I fight about money.  All...the...time.  Seriously.  The problem is his spending.  I'm trying to budget and pay things off and what is he doing?  Spending money.  Spending, spending, spending.  So what do I do?  I take away his money and leave him 50 bucks every single paycheck to keep him from spending it.

His idea, not mine.

Now...tell me how he spends that 50 and then turns around and says, "Hey, how much money do we have left after bills?"  Every time he says that, I know he's going to beg for money.  I cave and give it to him.  Every time.  You know what though?  No more.  He goes through over 150 bucks a paycheck on frivolous things that he doesn't need.

Do you know what the last thing I bought for myself was?  Pads.  Because it was that time of the month.  Do you know WHEN that was?  June of 2012.

Don't get me wrong, he buys little things for me ONCE in a while, but even on Valentine's Day, he bought video games that he wanted, not me.  So I pulled a Marge Simpson and used them.  Eventually, enjoying them, and especially enjoying how spited my husband felt because nothing says, "I love you," like a gift for yourself to someone else, right?

Sorry, I had to vent, I'm feeling like a doormat and I'm putting my foot down and not doing it anymore. I knew about his spending habit when I married him, but I didn't think he would want to strand me with nothing.  It's a fantastic \sarcasm/ feeling when you think your husband doesn't treat you how you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment