Friday, July 18, 2014

Forgive Me

This is going to probably be riddled with errors, but I'm trying to keep my hands busy and to keep myself from crying.

I got an interesting few texts from a friend that is very dear to me.  I mean, he's the reason I have everything I have.  He's the one who introduced me to my husband.  He was at my wedding, he was even there when my husband and I went on our first official DATE.  He was our room mate when my husband and I moved out on our own for the first time.  He has been there through everything.

Tonight I had this text conversation:

Him:  What it do....
          That's slang for hey, how's it going lol?

Me:  Hey.  And...I don't know.  I usually say, "Oye como va?" Like the Santana song lol

Him:  Haha oh wodie....much to learn.. how's it going?

Me:  Pretty good.  Nothing new, though lol
        How have you been?

Him:  Don't mean to sound weird but on my way out actually.... I just wanted to touch base actually

Me:  Where you going?

Him:  I've held you and Corry dear to my heart and I just wanted to say good bye

Then I called him and he pressed the ignore button (rang twice and went to voicemail, you know).  So I called him again.  This time it rang like 8 times before going to voicemail.  So I sent him another text.

Me:  J* answer the damn phone!

Him: Kari...... if you knew half the things I've done, you wouldn't want to be my friend

Me:  So what?  Don't do anything stupid.

Then after the LONGEST 15 minutes of my life, my husband finally got him to answer the phone again.  The conversation was very strained because he sounded extremely drunk.  He was definitely on something.  He kept saying that he was going away for a little while and that he was so proud of us and...ugh...

I wish I could have gotten an answer out of him when I asked him what he was planning.  I am hoping that I can text him in the morning and get an answer.  My husband is at the local police station now trying to get something done.  We've been in contact with AT&T (his phone service) and they weren't willing to give us any information.  I've messaged the only two friends I know that he kept after college.  I called my mom in tears because she and my step dad work for the sheriff's office in the state he lives in.  I'm just scared

I'm trying to keep my hands busy and I think posting this is helping me to not freak out even more.  I have never prayed so hard in my life.  I'm really really really REALLY hoping everything ends up being okay and that this is just a drunken depression and that when he's sober he's feeling better.

Please, pray for him, and if you don't believe in God, at least keep him in your thoughts :(

No comments:

Post a Comment