Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Diamond Painting

Sailor Moon challenge Day 17 - Neo Queen Serenity or Princess Serenity
Neo Queen


Neo Queen.  Now hear me out, I have always thought that Neo Queen seemed so much wiser.  I suppose that makes sense as she's been around much longer.  She was always so beautiful and her eyes were so sad.  She was one of those characters that I wish had been in the anime a little more than she was.

On to the day.  

I've been seeing this thing called a diamond painting.  It's a craft where you place these little resin "diamonds" (rhinestones?) onto a canvas.  It looks to be a lot like pixel hobby (something I would LOVE to do), but it's not anywhere near as expensive.  I'm thinking about getting a small diamond painting kit just to see if I like it.  
Today we ended up going into town and we went to the mall.  We actually went to Hobby Lobby first where I picked up my very first perler beads set.  Woohoo!  I haven't done this ever and I'm hoping to make some stuff for my son's room.  I would start small of course, but eventually I would love to make something really great.

Anyway, so after Hobby Lobby we went to the mall where I used my Barnes and Noble gift card to buy Divergent.  I was going to buy Game of Thrones, but when I was getting my manicure, my husband had already purchased it for me as a surprise.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I got a new Sailor Moon wallet and a Sailor Moon key chain as well!  My husband bought them for me from the little anime store when I was wandering around looking for something for my daughter.

No Elmo WIP, I haven't been home, but I'm working on him now, so maybe there will be an edit later :)  Happy stitching, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, let us know if you get the diamond kit to try! I bought a couple to try, myself, but I haven't opened them up yet. The ones I got use the small circular gems.

    ReplyDelete