Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Double Housework Day!

Yesterday was Mother's Day (Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there) and today is what I like to call Double Housework Day.  Now, the reason I call it that is because even though my husband cleaned the house which I am grateful for and he cooked dinner last night, he usually uses about 3 times as many pans and dishes as I do when I cook for Thanksgiving.  It's only because he's inexperienced in cooking, but that's fine.  We all started somewhere, right?  Dinner was good though.

We found another wind scorpion in the house, so I am cleaning and vacuuming all the rooms today so that the pest control people can come out and spray for these things.  See, I don't understand why the housing company made the carpets out here the same color as the scorpions, centipedes, and spiders.  Makes it awful hard to see them when they're crawling towards me...on...the...floor...*shudder*  I hate bugs.

I'm enjoying my coffee right now while I wait for my toilet to "phantom flush" again.  I think I have a leak, so I added food coloring to my tank in case it doesn't fill enough to flush.  I have to check on it in about one cup of coffee.  Then I get to go spend what...a dollar?  On this part to fix it.  I haven't done plumbing work in years (not since I was 16), so it's probably more expensive.

Well, I'm going to probably go do a load of dishes and then put away the mountain of clothing that I didn't do yesterday.  I mean it's a literal mountain.  The pile is taller than me.  I'm five feet tall.  I did all the laundry yesterday, but putting it away is just so much more tedious than any other household chore for me.  I would rather do dishes all the time than have to fold and put away clothes.

Alright, I'm off for real this time.  Maybe a new Jak update later today or tomorrow sometime.  Happy stitching, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment