Friday, May 16, 2014

What a Long Day

Today was so stressful.  I don't know what was in the air today, but my son decided that he was going to be a brat all day.  He was yelling and telling me to shut up.  He was sent to his room on many an occasion for hitting his sister or myself.  If I hadn't already told my friend that we'd be at the splash park, we wouldn't have gone.  We actually left early because I told him to get off something, so he smacked me and told me to shut up.

I got down on his level, grabbed him by the shoulders and said, "Now you look at me.  You do not ever hit your mother, I don't care how much I make you angry.  We're going home."  He acted like I was bluffing, but when he saw me strapping his sister into the stroller, he started crying.  I put him in his side of the stroller and we went home.  He cried the whole way home, but it needed to be done.  I'm not going to let him think he runs this show.

I don't know where he learned to say, "Shut up," but I'm going to find out and nip it.  I won't put up with that.  Before bed he hugged me and told me he loved me (he doesn't do that on his own), so I think he understood that he was being bad today.

UGH kids are so frustrating!  He's always so well behaved, but today, he just...wasn't.  I guess every kid has a day like that, but boy did I want to smack him one lol

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I know that everyone, not just kids, have their bad days.
    So many times nowadays, parents don't take the time to discipline their children or show them that their actions have consequences. I'm glad that he realized that he was bad and hopefully will think before doing it again.
    Here, you need this: *hugs*

    ReplyDelete