Monday, June 30, 2014

It's My Son's Birthday! ...and mine...lol

Okay, so I typed this whole first part out, and THOUGHT I posted it, but I didn't, so here's yesterday's post:

I wish I was more tech savvy.  I'm not good with the internet, I'm not good with programming, and I'm REALLY not good with HTML.  I don't know anything about anything in regards to the internet.  I see so many people's blogs and they're so awesomely done that I look at my plain little blog and think, "Wow, I wish I could do something with it."  There are a couple blogs I follow that have these things that they can put the progress of their projects on a side bar and I want to be able to do that, but I don't know how.

Ah well, simple is sometimes better, even if I don't think so, right?

Two updates for Sailor Moon 30 day challenge today.

Day 14 - Favorite Sailor Moon Compact
Super Sailor Moon


I love this compact.  Every time I draw Sailor Moon, this is the one I draw.  I just created a cross stitch pattern for that compact and I finished drawing a tattoo that has that compact.  I have always loved it since I saw it for the first time.

Day 15 - Favorite Senshi Transformation
Sailor Venus


Sailor Venus' transformation is my favorite because of the detail they put into her.  Her transformation was, to me, very beautiful and it was just more fun than the rest of them.

On to actual things!  My son is turning THREE tomorrow.  Where did the time go?  He's not a baby anymore either.  He's almost fully potty trained, he's fully conversational, he's just...he's not a baby anymore!  My birthday is tomorrow as well!

My son and I are going on a "date" for our birthday.  I figure we can do it now while he's little and then when he gets older, if he doesn't want to do it anymore, I'll have the memories of celebrating together like that.  We're going out for snow cones.  Maybe ice cream.  It's really going to depend on what he wants.

My in-laws got me a gift card for Barnes and Noble for my birthday, so I think I'm going to finally buy the first Game of Thrones book and maybe something else.  I haven't decided fully yet.  Maybe I'll buy another sketch pad or something.  My husband bought me a silver locket that looks like an hardbound book.  I just got little pictures of my son and my daughter to put in it.  The locket's not even here and I already have pictures picked out!

I don't know what my mom got me, it's sitting in the other room and my husband won't let me look.  It's a big box.  My family is well off, so big gifts aren't exactly unusual from them (see previous post and my new violin).

I suppose I should update with a WIP as I've made some significant progress on Elmo.  Enough rambling, here's Elmo!


There he is in all his terrifying headless glory.  Look how creepy he is without the rest of his face!

Anyway, I'm off to go wrap my son's birthday gifts.  Happy stitching, everyone!



And today's update:

Day 16 - Favorite Senshi Attack
Dead Scream


I suppose I could have picked a better picture for this, but this is the only one I could find that wasn't the size of an icon that I liked.  Anyway, this is my favorite attack because it just sounds so creepy and powerful.  As my husband had put it, "Wow, she sounds like she'll f*** you up."  He has such a way with words...

Anyway, today is my and my son's birthday.  He got a Lightning McQueen pillow that held onto a blanket, a Cars racetrack, a gigantic Lightning McQueen poster, tons of clothes, a bathtub McQueen, and a McQueen that drives off if you shake him up and set him on the floor.  I think he's quite happy.

My boy turned 3 today and today also marks his 3rd day in a row with no accidents.  He's probably like 90% potty trained.  He gets a solid week of no accidents and then we try night time with underwear instead of a pull up.  He's doing so well, I'm so happy.

Off to go drink some coffee and hope that my headache is just a caffeine headache.  I think my headaches are from my glasses, personally.  Maybe I'll stitch a bit because I take my glasses off for it.  Happy stitching everyone, and happy third birthday to my beautiful son!


No comments:

Post a Comment