Thursday, November 13, 2014

No, you sit here and let me love you!

My dog won't leave my daughter alone today.  She's got a bad head cold, so my dog is constantly "checking" on her which means she's nudging her constantly, licking her face, or trying to sit in her lap.  My dog is 75 pounds and my daughter is a little over 20, so there's a bit of a size difference.  I can definitely understand why my daughter keeps pushing her away...my big nanny dog.

My dog hit a full week of no submissive peeing today.  Since getting my depression mostly under control I've had a lot more energy.  I've used that energy to work with my dog a lot more on building her confidence.  It has definitely paid off.  I've finally been able to let her hang out in the living room for an extended period of time without worrying that by walking next to her too fast she'd pee on the floor.  Or by approaching her she'd pee on the floor.  Or by speaking to her she'd pee on the floor.  NO MORE.  She is pee free for seven full days and I am so happy!  She even acts a lot more confident.  I'm so proud of her!

Alright, enough humble bragging lol  I have a blanket WIP.  I only have two more rows left and the border, so I should, in theory, be done within the next three days.  Here's where I'm at now!


Don't mind the random kitty paw in the top.  She saw me lay the blanket out and said, "OMG NEW THING TO PLAY ON!"

I am so close to being done with this blanket that it aches my SOUL!  After this is done I'm making my daughter her blanket.  I'm hoping that I'll be done with hers in time for Christmas.  It's the same size as the one I'm making now but it's a different Link sprite.  Same game, different sprite (side view).

Alright, I'm off to watch Planes with the kids and fend my giant dog off from my daughter.  Happy stitching, everyone!

2 comments: