Monday, March 2, 2015

MIA for a bit, sorry.

Another random "I'm alive" post.  I haven't been on very much because my husband is away.  It's just the kids and me so we've been doing a lot of stuff that distracts them from him not being home.  Today's excursion was baking a cookie "pizza" with the kids.  Mostly it was me cooking and the kids stealing chocolate and peanut butter chips.  My son liked mixing the "cheese" topping and I think his favorite part was drizzling the fudge on top.  It turned out really well and it tasted great.

I apparently suck at keeping with the drawing challenge because I haven't done anything since the third one.  It doesn't help that every time I sit down to draw I have a child calling for my attention.  They never do that when I'm crafting, but boy as soon as they see that drawing book come out, I am NOT allowed to draw.

I have another WIP on my mystery afghan.  I'm not sure where it's going still (AND I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW, so if you know pipe down!...please).


I have a whole stack of motifs just like this one.  20 to be exact.  I actually joined another crochet along as well.  This one has big 12-inch granny squares.  I have the first 2 done, but I need to catch up because I'm behind by two of them.



I love the second one.  It reminds me of a quilt.  I don't like to do granny squares, but I saw what last year's blanket looked like, so I figured why not?

I'm hopefully going to draw a bit tonight when the kids go to bed.  I hopefully won't be interrupted by my kids too much.  I'm actually being climbed on by one of my kids right now, so I'm gonna go.  Happy stitching, everyone.


1 comment:

  1. I love your crochet squares. That mystery one is looking awesome! I can't wait to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete