Friday, March 14, 2014

Do You Have a Catchphrase?

This is going to be a kind of open post.  A very odd thing happens when people shower:  They tend to have conversations (or arguments) with themselves.  You see the memes and random posts about them all the time, so I know that I'm not the only one who does this.  You know, memes like this:


So, here's the argument I had in my head last night.  I don't know how it popped into my head.  It was not, nor has it ever been, a previous conversation I've had with someone.  Both sides of the argument battled it out in my head, for the entire shower (around  20 minutes), so here's the skinny of it.  Would you be more comfortable being Prosecution or Defense?

For my prosecution argument, my mind yelled, "PUTTING AWAY CRIMINALS!"  But as a prosecutor, it's your job to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone is guilty.  Including those who may not be.  As a prosecutor, could you live with the idea that the person that is on death row may be innocent?

For my defense argument, my mind yelled, "KEEPING INNOCENTS INNOCENT!"  Basically making sure that the ones who are genuinely innocent stay innocent and out of prison.  The flip side of that is that you could be defending someone that is guilty and you are paid to get them off scott free, or with lesser charges/sentencing.  Scary thought!

I definitely think I could sleep better at night as a prosecutor rather than defense.  Simply for the fact that I couldn't live with ever keeping a criminal from facing his justice.

Here's the second thing that went through my head.  Do I have a catch phrase?  I thought for a while on the people I know who say certain phrases a lot.  My friend says, "Dude, man, NO!" when she's excited.  My husband says, "...and stuff," after pretty much anything he says.  My father in law says, "...and stuff," also so I know where my husband got it from.  My sister says something, but I can't quite remember what it is.  I have settled that my phrase is, "Do you know what I mean?"  I say that a LOT.  A whole lot.

Random post is random.  Off to stitch my Jak II picture (update later, maybe?). Happy stitching and debating in the shower, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment