Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Started my 30 day drawing challenge

Now my daughter has whatever my son had.  She has a high fever and has been throwing up.  I don't think I'll ever be able to eat mac and cheese again.

Last night after she finally went to bed for a little while, I sat on the floor in the living room sanitizing every single toy that my kids have and if it couldn't be sanitized, in the garbage it went and remember how I said I was sitting on the floor?  Well apparently (obviously) it's a lot harder to get up from the floor than say a chair or a couch.  I found out the hard way.

I went to stand up and naturally my German Shepherd has decided that any time I move she has to get in my face.  This time she knocked me back onto the floor when I was almost all the way up.  Funny thing:  it was really painful.  In frustration towards my dog knocking me over, my kids being sick, and me being in a lot of pain, I punched the wall in front of me.  I hit the wall so hard that the very heavy wall clock fell down and landed on my other hand.

So my pinky's top knuckle was dislocated (luckily not broken) and I hate the world.  Oh yeah, and I'm sick now, too, with whatever my kids had.  Yay.

Things can only get better from here, right?  Silver lining and what-not.

I do have a mystery afghan WIP since I finished the week one clue last night before the world imploded again.  So here it is!  I'm going to be working on clue number two today since my pinky isn't going to hinder me from crochet.  Anyway, here it is:


Woo hoo!  Twenty granny squares...my favorite (sarcasm).  I do like the new clue.  I saw someone had posted a picture of one of their finished motifs and it looks really neat.  Can't wait to get started.

I did some drawing today because I mentioned forever ago that I wanted to do a 30 day drawing challenge.  Well, the reason I hadn't started was because I am having kind of a drawer's block?  Is that a thing?  It's writer's block but for drawing, you know.  Anyway, I found a journal at Barnes and Noble that had 500 drawing prompts for 5 dollars.  I figured it might help work me out of the funk.  So without further ado, here is day one!

30 Day Drawing Challenge-Day 1
I chose Graffiti


In my drawing prompts book, there are random "topics" to draw, so I chose graffiti because it's something I have never done before.  I don't think graffiti drawing is really my thing, but I did have fun doing this.  I am not sure what I'll pick tomorrow!

Okay, off to work on my mystery afghan clue.  Happy stitching, everyone!

**EDIT**
My Geisha WILL be worked on eventually, but the way I have to sit while using my scroll frame is kind of painful right now.  She WILL be done eventually.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you on seeing the silver lining. It is very easy to get stuck in a rut when it seems like the world is against you. That's why I love having so many creative outlets like you have; I get to see progress being made and I get to make something awesome for someone in the process. Also, great job on not taking it out on the people around you. I know you have a sore hand from venting your frustration on some THING, but that's a lot less painful than having to relive a bad fight with your husband or screaming at your kids.

    ReplyDelete