Sunday, December 21, 2014

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas! ***EDITED***

My house has this weird permanent gingerbread smell right now.  Probably because I've been making a dessert every day all week and I have several more things to make before Christmas Eve happens.

So far I've made:
Gingerbread Chex Mix*
Puppy Chow (or Muddy Buddies, also a Chex mix)
Pfeffernüsse Cookies*
Velveeta Fudge*
Spritz Cookies
Italian Rainbow Cookies*

*recipe has never been tried before

So my house smells really yummy right now.

EDIT:  So I never meant to publish this where I left off and meant to save it as a draft.  Darn my fingers.  Anyway, I have a few more things that I need to make still for Christmas.  I have a pumpkin pie, a tomato soup cake (recipe HERE and it's amazing), sugar cookies, and lastly some good old fashioned gingerbread men!

So much work ahead of me.  I love baking.

I have one last row on my daughter's blanket and then I can finally start working on my Geisha.  I haven't been working on her as much as I normally would because of the time crunch with the blankets and I think I miss her.

Alright, I'm off to go work on some sugar cookie Chex mix.  I'm going to send a little of everything to my father for Christmas because I don't know what to get for him, so I figured if I make him a bunch of different stuff he'll appreciate it more.  Off to go mix.  Happy stitching, everyone!




1 comment:

  1. I shall commence my baking today! I was tasked with making dessert for Christmas dinner, and instead of making a cake or pie I decided to go with sugar cookies, secret kiss snowball cookies, and an espresso flavored Muddy Buddies mix! I wanted to throw that Velveeta fudge recipe in there, but my dad is a diabetic and I don't want to be held responsible for his hospitalization on Christmas, lol.
    PS--I was at the library yesterday and walked past a display of crocheted and knitted things. Apparently, there's a group called "Twisted Stitchers" (lol!!!) that gets together once a month at that branch. It made me think of you and how you'd totally fit in with those ladies. I mean, one lady had crocheted a couple of Pokemon! I intend on making it to the meeting after New Years :D

    ReplyDelete