Monday, December 29, 2014

Ugly Blanket

I can't remember if I mentioned this the other day or not, but I have started crocheting an "ugly blanket."  I'm not sure what anyone else calls them, but I am just going to call it an ugly blanket.  It's going to be all the same motif, but with varying colors that I'm letting my children pick out.  So far I have three squares.  My daughter loves it already and my son could care less, he just likes picking the colors.

The squares I have look like this:


That's a little over a foot long.  I want this blanket to be around 6 feet.  I'm using the join as you go method which looks kind of wonky when the motif borders are different colors.  Oh well, it's an "ugly blanket," right?  These flowers are so much fun to make.  I never would have known that I'd be crocheting.

Okay, I'm off to work on my Geisha and then it's bed time.  Happy stitching, everyone!

1 comment: