Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Nominated for a Liebster!

Okay, no news or WIPS today even though I have one ready to go.  I was nominated for a Liebster award by Lisa at Three Monkey Chaos, thank you!  Alrighty, so this award is basically a way of meeting new people in the blogging community that you might not have ever met before.  SO, here we go!











Six rules of the Liebster award!

Rule#1  Acknowledge the Blogger who gave you the award
Rule#2  Answer 11 questions the Blogger gives you
Rule#3  Give 11 random facts about yourself
Rule#4  Nominate 11 blogs you think are deserving of the award (must have less than 200 followers)
Rule#5  Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
Rule#6  Give them 11 questions to answer


Alright so to start, I'm going to answer the 11 questions I was given:

1.  How are you, really?
Well, I am doing just fine right now.  A little cold, but I'll survive!

2.  Do you like your job?
I don't have a job outside of the home.  I have two kids and I'm a stay at home parent.  So IF you consider that a job (and I don't), then yes.  Yes, I do love my job.

3.  What makes you smile?
This is one of my favorite questions to ask people and I will probably be jacking it for my blogger nominees.  What makes me smile is watching my children have fun playing pretend with each other.  Watching helicopters take off and land.  Pfeffernüsse cookies.  Stale gingerbread snaps dipped in milk.  I'm pretty easy to please.

4.  When is the last time you showered?
Like two minutes before I checked my email that said I was nominated.  So roughly 10 minutes ago now.

5.  Grab the nearest book.  Turn to page 6.  Write down the first line.
The cat didn't move.

6.  What did you dream about last night.
Bear with me, this is a doozy.  I had a dream that was Mario Kart in nature.  It was a bunch of people driving around in these wacky cars and using Mario Kart power ups.  The problem was that the game was essentially like Death Race 2000 so there was a lot of blood and carnage.  Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond were the announcers and when I crashed my car, Benedict Cumberbatch was there helping me out of the wreckage.  I remember blushing and then waking up.  Lol what can I say?  I watch a lot of BBC.

7.  What was the last thing you ate?
I haven't eaten anything since dinner last night, so it would be spaghetti and meatballs.

8.  How did you meet your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend?
Psychology class in our first year of college.  He was picking on me like little boys do in elementary school when they like a girl.  Apparently that really works.

9.  What is your biggest fear?
Mortality.  Specifically I'm scared of my children being killed or getting into an accident.  I never once questioned my own mortality or the mortality of others until I had kids.

10.  If you had 1 day to yourself, what would you do?
Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.  I haven't had a decent sleep in years.

11.  What's under your bed?
Probably the cat.  She likes to hang out under there and smack your feet when you walk by.


11 Random Facts About Me
1.  I have 8 tattoos, but only one you can see when I'm wearing clothing.
2.  My toes are so dextrous that I can pick up a baseball with my foot.
3.  I gave birth to my son on my birthday.
4.  I share a birthday with Sailor Moon.
5.  I have a scar on my nose where I tripped over a bed frame and smashed my face on the other side of it.
6.  My pinky toenails don't grow out--they grow up.
7.  I have trichotillomania (obsessive skin picking) and have destroyed the skin on my arms.  Adding tattoos to problem areas helps relieve it because I don't pick on my tattoos.
8.  I would rather watch something on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network than most prime time shows.
9.  My guilty pleasure is watching Dr. Phil.
10.  I have a super hard time keeping in contact with people.  They always have to contact me first because I'm so worried about bugging them.
11.  I am one year younger than my FATHER'S girlfriend.


I nominate:
Crafty Sasha
Evening Emma
Sally's Stitches
Tabletop and Stitches
Without a Stitch On
Gorram Quilts
Carolyn's Stitchings
In The Hand
Craftiness...Starrley's Stitchings
Pixel Pockets
Une aiguille dans une meule de foin

YOU ALL HAVE BEEN NOMINATED!

Here are the questions for my nominees!

1.  What is your guilty pleasure?

2.  This or that:  Chocolate or Vanilla?

3.  What's your favorite book?

4.  Stealing from the person who nominated me, Grab the nearest book, turn to page 23, type the first full sentence on that page.

5.  How's your relationship with your family?

6.  EDIT:  I accidentally repeated number three, so instead, what is your favorite movie BASED on a book?

7.  Are you a righty or a lefty?

8.  Use a movie title to describe your life.

9.  What's your favorite thing to do in your free time?

10.  What is the greatest gift you've ever received?

11.  Stolen again:  What did you dream about last night?

Alright, I hope to read your posts!  If you were nominated and are participating, I would love to read your posts!  Happy stitching, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Great post!!! LOVE it! My dad's WIFE is younger than my little brother who's 32. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete