Monday, October 21, 2013

Damn! Gotta Be All Self Runnin' and What-not!

The title is a line that made me laugh in American Dad.  My titles really never make sense with what I write about.

First things first, I had an AWESOME day yesterday.  I went to bed feeling great and that has been kinda rare.  It's not that I go to bed unhappy, it's that I tend to go to bed feeling like the day beat me up. Yesterday though, yesterday was just great.  It started with my little ones behaving all day (rare!), then we went on a 2 mile walk with the dogs, then we went into town and ate dinner and did some shopping.

We fell into what I call the Walmart trap.  You know, you go in looking to get something like a gallon of milk and walk out with $100 worth of stuff you don't need?  Yeah, we passed the $5 movie bin and stopped to look.  Fight Club was on top, so we grabbed it and because of that, we ended up grabbing 6 movies.  So we walked away from the movie bin before we did more damage.  We ended up walking into the electronics section and a game my husband wanted was only 20, so we grabbed that and threw it in the cart.  My husband went to look for something else, so I wandered into the craft section.  I got two new cross stitch kits.  Like I needed that!  Ah well, it was a good day.

I woke up this morning and the whole house was cleaned in the middle of the night.  It appears to me that when my husband is in the throws of insomnia, he cleans out of frustration.  I appreciate it, but sometimes I just wish he would sleep!

My infant is saying, "Mama," lately.  I know she is really just making noise, but she only says it when she's crying so it breaks my heart because I feel like she's actually saying, "Mama," and crying for me.  Poor baby...  She's still not crawling.  She gets up on all fours and rocks, then she falls forward.  That's how she's been moving across the floor.  Her newest fascination is anything crinkly.  She LOVES paper.  My checkbook has suffered at the hands of a 6 month old.  It was dropped when I was carrying a bunch of stuff, so I just left it and came back.  In the minute it took me to come back, she had grabbed it and pulled several checks out.

Ah well.  Signing off.  Happy stitching, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment