Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sweets, Sweets Galore!

It seems to me that between mid October and mid January I go on a sweets bender.  It happens every year.  I don't know if it's because of the season, or if it's because all the baking stuff tends to go on sale this time of year, or what it is.  So far, in the last two days I've made tres leches cake, chocolate white-chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter fudge, and tablet.  I'm going to give my family diabetes, I think.

I watched Sailor Moon: The Promise of the Rose and in it, Lita (Makoto) says that she remembers her mother (?) cooking something on every Monday because it was the worst day of the week and it made the day better coming home and smelling whatever was baking.  I don't remember the exact context because I haven't watched it since I was like 12...which was actually 13 years ago.  Wow, maybe I should watch it.

I am in the finishing stretch of my cross stitch kit for my MIL.  Whenever it's done, I'll post a picture.  I hope she likes it, I've put a lot of work into this darned thing.  I have to REALLY clean the house tomorrow because my MIL is going to be here on Tuesday.

I have so much to do and so little time!  Well, off to finish my cookies (more chocolate white-chip) and then put the little ones to bed.  Goodnight, and happy stitching, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment