Saturday, October 26, 2013

Tres Leches

I've been cooking a lot less the last week or so because we've been so busy, so I haven't been home.  Well, tonight I decided to make up for it by cooking home made hamburger pizza and then for dessert I made a tres leches cake.  I've never made a tres leches cake before.  In all honesty, I'd only heard of it about a month ago.  I have never seen one, tasted one, made one, nothing.  So I went into this recipe completely blind.  I have to say, if that's how tres leches is supposed to be, I will definitely be making that again.  I made a whipped cream frosting to go on it and I am in love!

My daughter is teething right now, so she's been exceptionally crabby.  She wakes up a lot at night and cries all the time.  I've done the teething tablets thing and the Tylenol thing, those didn't help.  I've been letting her chew on teething rings, frozen wash rags, and a frozen binky.  None of that stuff is helping, so she's been getting extra kisses and cuddles so she feels a little better.

I've been stitching like mad on my MIL's gift, but I definitely don't think that it will be done in time.  I'm a little over half done.  I'm hoping it will start moving along soon because I feel like I'm too slow.

Ah well, not much to update.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go give my daughter a bath because she spit up all over herself and me.  Happy stitching, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment