Monday, October 20, 2014

Loot Crate October 2014 and the end of the photo challenge...and other stuff, too!

Wow, it's been a whole month already!  They just sent me the tracking number this morning and BOOM it was in my mailbox this afternoon.  It's LOOT CRATE TIME!  I love this...

Okay, so this month's theme is FEAR!!  Because of October and Halloween.  Admittedly I was expecting something from the F.E.A.R. video game series or from Silent Hill (Bubble Nurse, anyone?), but no such luck.  That's okay, though because there were some other great items.  Ready?  Okay, here we go!

First up, THE REVEAL!


So of course I notice there's a shirt.  At first it looks like the shirt and that smaller box are the only two things in there.

The shirt spread out:


This shirt is called "Death by Cats" and it's really just that.  It is a skull made out of cats.  I am in love with this shirt.  Though I don't think I've gotten a shirt from Loot Crate I didn't like, so there's that.

Next up:


The little box that was in the reveal was this.  This is a Sledgesaw Hammer pen from Dead Rising.  I don't think I'll ever use it.  I have a feeling this is going to be one of those things that just stays in the box because I'm notorious for losing pens.

There's a movie coming to DVD...or came out on DVD:  Sharknado 2!


Naturally this Loot Crate would honor that and include the How to Survive a Sharknado book.  I haven't read it yet because I just haven't yet.  Today was busy.  Anyway, the other item pictured is a SuperEmoFriends art print of The Walking Dead.  I wish my flash hadn't ruined the picture, but any other angle made it even worse and, again, the lighting in my house is terrible.

A Walking Dead comic!


Again, sorry for the flash.  This is a Walking Dead comic with a Loot Crate exclusive cover on it, a sheet of various horror wound temporary tattoos and a Smite gift card which I will probably never use, sadly.  Maybe will have to pawn that off on my husband.

The little stuff in the crate:


Here we have a pair of 3D glasses that go with the Loot Crate Magazine.  Horror movies are always more fun in 3D right?  Even Silent Hill in 3D was fun and those movies are just goofy (I love a good B movie).  We also have the monthly button which I forgot to put on my lanyard and a piece of Toxic Waste sour candy.  I haven't eaten it yet, but I'm assuming it's like a Warhead.

Lastly, the inside of the box:


Don't mind the baby legs in the picture, my daughter was throwing a tantrum because I wouldn't let her play with the box until after I'd already taken a picture.  So she's mad and kicking it while I'm trying to take pictures.  The inside of the box is something I look forward to every month now that they started decorating the inside with the theme of the month.  I'm loving the horror movie drama.

Alright, so that's all for Loot Crate.  I will have  WIP probably tomorrow or the next day, but until then, happy stitching, everyone!  And if you want your own Loot Crate, you can subscribe HERE!

The last of the Legend of Zelda Photo Challenge!

Day 29 - Best Opening and Best Ending
Best Opening:
Windwaker


I loved that this was the history of Hyrule.  The beginning of this game held my attention and was much more interesting than the other games.  Personal opinion, I suppose, but I loved it.

Best Ending:
A Link to the Past


For me, the reason for this is only because of nostalgia.  This was the first video game I had ever beat on my own.  It was the very first one.  So for me it is the best because it was the very first.

Day 30 - What Scared You Most
Dead Hands (Ocarina of Time)


This enemy just...ugh...the way it MOVED was even creepy.  Everything from how it looked, to how it attacked, to how it moved.  It was creepy.  This game came out when I was still a kid and it freaked me out like you wouldn't believe!  I remember having to put the game down for a bit and come back because I was freaked out.

Alright, I'm done with the photo challenge!  My next photo challenge will actually be a 30-Day Drawing a Day challenge where I will be drawing a random picture every day for 30 days.  I draw a lot of anime, so bear with me on that.  I'm not sure when I'll start that one, but it will be soon.  The only reason I'm doing this is because I haven't drawn anything in over a year and I figured what better way than to get into the habit again?

I'm off to go work on my Geisha.  My yarn should be here tomorrow for my son's blanket, so I'm going to get to work on that a bit tomorrow as well!  WIPs to follow :)  Happy stitching, everyone!

Whew, that was a lot of pictures!










No comments:

Post a Comment