Friday, June 13, 2014

Slow going, but at least it's going.

So I decided to post a WIP of my mega kit.  You can't tell from the front that anything is done, so here's a picture of the front AND the back.





There you have it, a fraction of a fraction is done!  

Yesterday a box came in the mail for me from my mother.  Inside was an Elmo kit from the 90's.  I think I'll make it my next small project and bump my Bambi's First Year that I started over 2 years ago.  I love my Bambi kit, and I love how it looks, but I think because it's such a slow going kit that I got discouraged.  Now that I've got a few more projects under my belt, I'm going to be ready to start up on it again.

While I was stitching Bambi, I dropped my needle and it fell between the cushion and the arm of my couch which means it fell all the way inside the couch.  I kind of used that as an excuse to quit that project for a while (at the time I had no spare needles).  I think every crafter has that one project that sits on the shelf forever.  I know my mom has one.  When I was visiting, I was allowed to dig through her cross stitching bin and I found an 8-inch hoop with a half done project.  She said she wouldn't finish it and when I asked if I could, she got kind of defensive.

I think she plans on doing it one day, she just works too much, now.

Alright, I'm rambling, time to go work on my peacock.  My son and I are watching MLP:FIM.  So, yeah, my son is a brony.  Happy stitching, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment