Friday, August 1, 2014

Teresa Wentzler Collection

I, after three years of searching, have finally found it.  I just ordered the Teresa Wentzler Carousel Horses for All Seasons.  I remember my mother stitching these when I was a kid.  She knew she didn't have the patterns and didn't even know who the designer was.  She had given the actual projects away to friends, so I didn't even have a picture to go on.  I searched for different carousel patterns, narrowing things down to the '80's, and still had no luck.

Then, on a Facebook group, it happened.  Someone posted a picture of a carousel that looked similar to what I was looking for.  I asked them who the designer was and she said, "Teresa Wentzler."  So I looked up the different Teresa Wentzler patterns.  Then I found one of the carousel horses I was looking for.  Then I found another...and I ended up finding all four.

They were discontinued.

I don't know what I expected considering the patterns came out before I was even born.  I figured I could find them on eBay.  I looked and looked, but I couldn't find any that were in good enough condition that I would be able to follow the pattern.  Some of them in very poor condition still selling for more than the cover price.  I decided to go on a whim and search Amazon.

I found the carousels.  A woman on Amazon was selling all four of them for the cover price and the condition was excellent.  This is a picture of what I was looking for.  Hard to believe that "carousel cross stitch" and "cross stitch carousel horses" gave me nothing.



So that shipped this morning and I'm super excited about it :)

I ordered this right before I signed on here:


This is the first time in a long time that I ordered something without letting my husband know I was ordering it.  I've been admiring this one since I found it a few days ago.  I love post cards and I would love to travel.  Adding the monarch was just overkill for me, so I HAD to get it lol.  

Alright, I'm off to go do...something.  Probably trim all my little plants because they're starting to get unruly.  Especially my friggin' dill plant.  Looks like a little bush.  Sorry, rambling.  Happy stitching, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment